Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: North Downs 22nd June
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:04 pm 
Real shame i cant come on this :( :(

If you plan to do it again again at some point within the next couple of months i would tag along then.

--------------------------------------
GT Chucker XS1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:20 pm 
Not going to be able to make this epic trip now boys... ;-( ;-(

Whyte G-160RS
YETI SB95A

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:37 pm 
That's a shame Jamie :(

Especially as the weather is looking good and my legs have recovered from last Sunday to the point where I might of survived the increase in pace that you tend to bring along ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:38 pm 

Post subject: North Downs 22nd June
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:40 pm 
bugeye wrote:

Especially as the weather is looking good and my legs have recovered from last Sunday to the point where I might of survived the increase in pace that you tend to bring along ;)

Lol I know you all like a nice pace no point in slouching

It's a bit of a pain but sacrifices needed to be made and I lost, all banks the points when needed. ;-)

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

Whyte G-160RS
YETI SB95A

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:18 pm 
Not be funny, but my legs are in bits, headwind to and from work everyday so far, hoping they recover by Sunday otherwise I am going to wimp!!!! And I really want to do this ride. Think hitting Epping for the first time in ages gave them a beating on top of what the roads usually do lol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:25 pm 
So, i'm hoping to do this one! gives me an excuse to be lazy the rest of the week so i will have fresh legs!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:18 pm 
Alright chaps, its a shame Chatman & Ciar have to pull out. On the positive side...we can eat their bacon :D. My friend from London could be joining us too. I see that Haribo man will join us as well.

Dont worry lads, I am sure another Sunday we will organise something else. Also...when the school is over, wife & kids are away at their grandparents for 3 weeks :high5: My bike and I will have plenty of time together.

I am working on the larger sized maps. A bit fiddly because I don't have a gpx file of the route to upload but I have built it bit by bit but looks good enough. Complete the first loop, back to carpark to grab some food and tea and then we start the 2nd longer loop. They are only 2-3 miles apart so need to move the cars.

MTB cos other sports require only 1 ball

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:51 am 
Kieron.... I know what you mean, it hasn't been a good week to commute on a bike in east London.... I've dealt with by riding really slowly :D

Whytey... link to GPX files for both loops on the first page of the thread ;) .... first one is pretty true to the route book, second one is slightly different but is close enough to cover if we get lost :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:08 am 
Oh bugger. Ok, i could still use them.

MTB cos other sports require only 1 ball

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:25 am 
FYI i have not dropped out yet! hoping for recovery enough that i can at least join in for a bit lol :) but your right mate commuting in East London has been awful this week in both directions...... winddddddyyyy!!!

we have not discussed where we will be meeting up btw, is there more details so on so forth.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:46 am 
bugeye wrote:
Whytey wrote:
.....I noticed this: Parking (Free car park at the back of Ightham Village Hall car park on Sevenoaks Road in the centre of the village). This is the start point of the small loop.

I have an account with OS maps where I can play around with the maps. I will see if I can import the route there and print it on a larger scale than whats on the book......

That car park has a height restriction barrier on it that's too low for my van or anyone with a bike on the roof. There's another car park just down the road so depending on how much space there is the second one we can all jam in there or park up in both.

More maps especially big scale with the route on them can't be bad :thumbup:

Couple of other things from chatting on today's ride:

Bring some lunch with you... not sure where on the ride we'll be when it's time for food so best not to depend on being near a cafe / pub. We'll definitely be near a pub at the the end of the loops and before Bedgebury though ;)

Seems like a good idea to meet up somewhere easy to find, Jamie suggested Thurrock services, looks as good a place as any :)

Think 8:00 am at Thurrock ?

Here's a Google map link for Thurrock and where we are going ( second car park with no height restriction )

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Thurrock+Service+Area,+Grays,+United+Kingdom/51.2858892,0.2812617/@51.2890585,0.2682614,13z/data=!4m9!4m8!1m5!1m1!1s0x47d8b0c8152d0167:0xee88664af8d51cdd!2m2!1d0.271655!2d51.492367!1m0!3e0?hl=en

Also if anyone wants to pm me their mobile number I'll send mine back and then we've got some way of finding lost / late people.

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:59 pm 
Im up for this ride, I think my legs have just about recovered from epic epping.

Seems to be a few steep hills on the route map highlighted :oops: , definitely going to give my number over as lagging behind on those elevations is going to be a problem,....(getting the excuses out early lol).
Not to chicken out or anything, but only going to be able to do the first loop though unfortunately due to family commitments.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:22 pm 
Hills.... on the route?

Nope I think you're mistaken.... I'm sure it's completely flat.

No hills at all.

None.

:shh:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:17 pm 
bugeye wrote:
Hills.... on the route?

Nope I think you're mistaken.... I'm sure it's completely flat.

No hills at all.

None.

:shh:

north downs must have lots o hills, all honesty i am only coming if its flat! as i know having ridden again today that my legs are battered.. still have another 18m to do tomorrow ;-)

think i shall just join in and do the first loop and see how it goes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next