Forum

Post subject: Re: New bike time - what shall I get?!
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:43 am 
Hi Beth, sorry to read your news.

Just another vote for focusing on nutrition to speed recovery.

Couple of injuries ago (torn Calf) I was told about Oxylift that helps (so they say) increase oxygen in bloodflow and healing process speeds up. I dont think there is hard evidence to support it but I was desperate to recover fast so used it with a high intake of vitmain C (kiwis everyday) and a very healthy diet for several weeks along with the ineviatble physio. Certainly came back to health ahead of the expected recovery date.

Wish you a speedy recovevry.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:11 am 
Wishing you a speedy and full recovery. At least you broke the ankle doing something cool and not from just going over on your stilettos :D

As for bike choice I would go for the Lapierre Zesty

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 4:06 pm 
Healing vibes Beth, at least you have a nice new bike to look forward too. :)

--------------------------------------
Its easier to ask forgiveness than to ask permission.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:47 pm 
Hiya Beth, hope your ankle heals quick. There is another woman on here! My names Laura by the way. I've been out riding with ninja and twiggy a couple of times round Epping. When your all fixed would b cool to meet with another local female rider. Where bout in broxbourne do u ride? I'm originally from Waltham cross, but now in Harlow.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:42 pm 
Cheers for the get well wishes and the bike recommendations :D

Ankle is on the mend now - the broken bits are staying in place so hopefully will be able to avoid surgery...
Grin - ta for the oxylift suggestion, will check it out! Is your calf all fixed now?

Haven't made a decision on the bike yet - don't think the Juliana has enough travel, looking for around 130, 140mm really...

Like the look of the Zesty but can only get them as a full build and it's just a frame I'm after.

Have heard lots of good things about Orange 5s but think they are pretty pricey new, would definitely consider one second hand...

Leading my list at the moment - either a Giant Trance or a Commencal Meta 5.5 - any thoughts on these??

Laura - hello! :D Definitely be good to meet up when I'm back on the bike. I live in Hertford but ride over Broxbourne Woods a lot with our dog, usually start out from Goose Green - do you ever ride over there? Haven't been over Epping for ages but planning on getting over there again soon, just need this ankle to hurry up and heal!

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:07 pm 
Hiya Beth, if broxbourne woods is up the back roads by Bencroft in cheshunt, then yes I have ridden them a couple of times with a chap I used to work with. Had a ride over at Epping with a few of the lads this morning. Your missing some damn good dry weather routes!! Well hope you heal quickly.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:56 pm 
Hope you heal quickly Beth. There's a nice small specialized stumpjumper fsr frame on www.bikescene.co.uk. Its got 120mm of travel so not sure if that's enough for you.

--------------------------------------
www.gw-designs.co.uk/home