Forum

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: www.superenduro.co.uk
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:40 am 
Ok then guys how many have entered the october race now? How many are thinking about it? I really would like us to get behind this event as i think its really got legs to be good in the future but it needs the support of people like us to keep it going. Please list names of who has already paid up.

Cheers

1. robholland85
2.DannyH
3. ????

Post subject: Www.superenduro.co.uk
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:00 am 
Ask me again in a week's time after I've been paid ;)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:38 am 
I'm not entirely sure of what is involved, it a team race?
I'm interested in racing tho.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:08 pm 
Hey jim25 the set up is a little like the WRC you have timed stages to race down individually, but in between each stage you get plenty of time to get from 1 to the next, but you will be penalized if you are not at the start of the next stage by your specified time. The stages are all rollable but are DH orrientated. There are extra stages and challenges for teams if you go as part of 1. You can sign up as an individual and we can organise teams closer to the date. I entered the have a go race last month and loved it but there were very few entrants so im trying my hardest to get people going to it or the series will fall flat on its face :(

Surfer Ev you gonna be a defo when you get paid? Im in contact with carlos the organiser and im concerned he will not get enough paying entrants by the end of this month and the series will fall flat on its face. Im gonna be out with flyers round my local area this weekend trying to get it all going!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:37 am 
I've only just signed up to the forum and seen this...I would be interested in giving it a go, although would need a few warm up rides first as I'm a little rusty and haven't had the chance to give my new shiny bike a good testing (not that I don't trust my own handywork or anything...) If I can get a ride in before the end of the month and feel good about it then I will sign up! Sounds exciting :) never raced before though...well someones gotta come last right?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:23 am 
That sounds like a good format Rob, I'd like to give that a go, any idea
How much the entry is? I'll also tell a few friends that I'm pretty sure would want to come aswell.

Where is the course?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:59 am 
If you look at the website listed as the subject for this thread then you will find all the info you need Jim25
Im gonna be camping down there on the saturday night before the race.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:26 pm 
Hi,

I've already entered as part of 'team busted' (don't ask). Carlos has sent me some flyers as well. I've given some of those to Cycles UK in Chelmsford and they've got them on their counter now. I've still got some more to dish out though if anyone's got a friendly bike shop who'll take them!

I heard it got a mention in Dirt last issue, so that should help get a few more entries too.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:03 pm 
We can forget any worries about the event not getting enough entries, I just saw this on Facebook;

"SuperEnduro Southern UK Race Series
Looks like we have a race on our hands folks as all categories have enough riders entered now to make for a competitive race so let battle commence on the 2nd of October!
Yesterday at 11:08am · 1 · Like · "

Great news!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:23 pm 
Ishould get paid tommorow so will beable to pay entry fees then.

Is there a site team?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:49 am 
Awesome puncturo nice 1 :) i should get some flyers today so I'm gonna get em out to my lbs round braintree this weekend gonna be a good race :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:22 pm 
Currently trying to pursuade some friends to get involved so hopefully i can help add to the numbers too.

Rob,
what was the trial day like in terms of technicalness, it's all kind of surrey hills/swinley forest type trails and stuff right? no large gap jumps or 5 ft drops or anything??

Dan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:25 pm 
Same here, definitely up for it and looking to get 2 or 3 mates signed up also. :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:15 am 
Hey Dan its nothing too extreme dont worry its all rollable. I aint been surry hills yet but im off there on friday so i will let you know at the end of the week.

Well done guys hopefully the numbers will be good for this event then :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:58 am 
OK so who's team am i in?

--------------------------------------
Bike piccys!
http://tinyurl.com/okyhpdg

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next